Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken is so easy...

Last night, I had taken out a whole chicken out of the freezer, but I didn't know what to make. On the way home from work, I was thinking to myself that I hadn't had roast chicken for a long time. I came home, turned on the oven to 350 degrees and started preparing my bird. Well, the oven beeped at 350, but when I checked my new oven thermometer, it only read 250! Damn it; 100 degrees off, what a piece of crap. Crank it up to 450. After rinsing and drying the bird, I laid the bird out, made some incisions around the wish bone, pulled it out and cut down the middle to separate the breasts...Seasoned both sides with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I had some left over pesto from a long time ago, but it seems to be alright....drizzle that on top of the bird skin side up. I got this cool cordless electronic thermometer as a gift, where I can be in the office while keeping my eye on the temperature of the bird (180F). Before it reaches 180, it says, "Your food is almost ready!" Few minutes later, it goes "Your food is done." Perfect! I poke it and the liquid runs clear.

I make angel hair pasta sauteed with some garlic, olive oil, frozen spinach (rinsed and squeezed) and this roasted red pepper tapenade. They go so well together (the chick and the pasta). Try it!

TH

No comments:

Post a Comment